Climate Action and Workers Rights Matter
Our favorite products earn their place when they work exceptionally well, are exciting to use and last a long time. The Lava Classic is excited to become one of your very favorites making sure to soak up all kinds of memories along the way. Just be ready for a serious dose of nostalgia as you continue to reach for your Classic year after year, adventure after adventure.
There are so many ways your Classic will come in handy once by your side. It crosses the complete spectrum of life’s activities from home to trips to the gym and yoga to outdoor adventures, travel and van life.
• Use it as a bath towel to dry off after rinsing away the dirt from your latest outing. The cross weave will feel wonderful against your skin
• Use it as a tablecloth when you’d prefer to place a barrier in between your food items and the outdoor table
• Lie on it at the beach. It serves as a great barrier between your bum and the ground. Microfiber towels and beach towels tend to be debris magnets. Lucky for you, dirt, bark and sand won’t stick to this one!
• With a dry towel, quickly wipe away the dirt caked to your legs after a muddy ride or run before climbing back into your vehicle to head home.
• Wrap it around your body for a classic “deck change” in the parking lot after your morning surf session.
• Dry off fully and wipe away the gravel stuck to your feet from the swim to bike transition of your triathlon.
• Keep yourself warm by using it as a blanket whether on a plane or as an extra layer in your tent.
• Dry off your hands so you can keep a tight grip on your weights or on the pullup bar. Because sweating should never hold you back from doing one more.
• Lay the towel on the bench as a barrier between the bench and your head.
• Wipe the equipment clean after you use it. Linen is antimicrobial so no need to worry about taking the germs with you!
• Put it under your hands during your pushups in order to prevent slipping
• Wrap it around your medicine ball to prevent it from slipping out of your arms
• Dry off your mat and limbs during hot yoga or pilates so you can hold your poses longer without slipping
• Grip each end and use it as a longer yoga strap to help you stretch deeper. Linen is ultra durable and has little stretch making the Lava Classic an ideal tool for holding yoga stretches
• Use it as a bath towel
• Lay it on the grass and use it as a barrier between you and the ground whilst reading a book or potting plants
How do I care for my Lava towel?
It’s simple! Machine or hand wash in water up to 60 degrees with a gentle to medium spin. Tumble dry on low to medium heat. One of the greatest things about linen is the more you use it the softer it will become!
Should I expect my Lava towel to shrink when washed?
This will largely depend on how you choose to care for your towel. Washing in cold water and drying on a low temperature will nearly eliminate shrinking entirely. Washing in warmer water and drying on medium heat will result in some shrinkage, up to 1-2 inches.
Drying on medium heat will result in an even softer towel than drying on low to no heat.
Do I need to wash my Lava towel before I use it?
Nope! Your Lava towel will be ready to use right out of the box. Some people prefer to wash their Lava towels prior to use to further soften the linen and to accomplish the “rumpled” look that is only achieved with high quality linen.
How packable is the Lava Classic Original?
The Classic rolls to the size of a 32 oz water bottle.
If I have sensitive skin, is linen a good option?
Yes! Linen is intrinsically hypo-allergenic and anti-bacterial with a soothing hand. Linen is recommended for individuals with skin issues including psoriasis. In fact, linen fibers are often used to manufacture surgical thread.
Why 60 Day Happiness Guarantee?
We take pride in the softness of our linen from the very start. At the same time, linen is known to age remarkably well, becoming softer and softer over time. Therefore, we’d like to provide you with ample time to use your towels and wash them multiple times to begin to experience how the linen will age and perform over time.