Climate Action and Workers Rights Matter
The Lava Mini is sustainably made with two of the most climate-friendly materials (linen and hemp) by a company that takes the science seriously and acts responsibly.
Our favorite products earn their place when they work exceptionally well, are exciting to use and last a long time. The Lava Mini is excited to become one of your very favorites making sure to soak up all kinds of memories along the way. Just be ready for a serious dose of nostalgia as you continue to reach for your Mini year after year, adventure after adventure.
There are so many ways your Lava Mini compact towel will come in handy once by your side. It crosses the complete spectrum of life’s activities from home to trips to the gym and yoga to outdoor adventures, travel and van life.
From performance to sustainability, Lava towels feature the best of both worlds.
• Use it as a hand towel to dry your hands and face after rinsing away the dirt from your latest outing. The cross weave will feel wonderful against your skin.
• Dry your camp or travel dishes after a satisfying meal.
• Use it as a placemat when you’d prefer to place a barrier in between your food items and the outdoor table.
• Cool yourself on very hot days or during hard workouts by wetting it and placing it on your neck. Ahhh, the relief.
• Sit on it as you take a rest from climbing that monster of a hill or at the beach. It serves as a great barrier between your bum and the ground. Microfiber towels and beach towels tend to be debris magnets. Lucky for you, dirt, bark and sand won’t stick to this one!
• With a dry towel, quickly wipe away the mud and dirt caked to your legs after a muddy ride or run before climbing back into your vehicle to head home.
• Stand on it as a barrier between your barefeet and the gravel parking lot as you change into your wetsuit for your cold mountain lake swim or as you transition from the swim to bike portions of your triathlon.
• Pack it in your paneer or backpack along with your work clothes.
• Use it to dry off after arriving at work and showering.
• Dry off your hands so you can keep a tight grip on your weights or on the pullup bar. Because sweating should never hold you back from doing one more.
• Lay the towel on the bench as a barrier between the bench and your head.
• Wipe the equipment clean after you use it. Linen is antimicrobial so no need to worry about taking the germs with you!
• Put it under your hands during your pushups in order to prevent slipping
• Wrap it around you medicine ball to prevent it from slipping out of your arms
• Dry off your mat and limbs during hot yoga or pilates so you can hold your poses longer without slipping.
• Grip each end and use it as a short yoga strap to help you stretch deeper. Linen is ultra durable and has little stretch making it an ideal tool for holding yoga stretches.
• Use it as a kitchen towel
• Use it as a bathroom hand towel
• Use it as a bath towel when typical bath towels are more material than you prefer.
How do I care for my Lava towel?
It’s simple! Machine or hand wash in water up to 60 degrees with a gentle to medium spin. Tumble dry on low to medium heat. One of the greatest things about linen is the more you use it the softer it will become!
Should I expect my Lava towel to shrink when washed?
This will largely depend on how you choose to care for your towel. Washing in cold water and drying on a low temperature will nearly eliminate shrinking entirely. Washing in warmer water and drying on medium heat will result in some shrinkage, up to 1-2 inches.
Drying on medium heat will result in an even softer towel than drying on low to no heat.
Do I need to wash my Lava towel before I use it?
Nope! Your towel will be ready to use right out of the box. Some people prefer to wash their Lava towel prior to use to further soften the linen and to accomplish the “rumpled” look that is only achieved with high quality linen.
Could I use just a Mini to dry off after bathing?
The Mini is very absorbent so it is enough towel for most people, but it does come down to preference. There are minimalists who only use the Mini and there are others who prefer a larger towel for a variety of reasons including being able to fully wrap it around themselves.
We also have customers who find the Mini is more user-friendly than larger towels due to arthritis in their hands and wrists or due to limited mobility in other ways.
With the Happiness Guarantee, you can always try it out and then exchange it for a Classic or return it for a refund.
How packable is the Mini?
The Mini rolls to the size of a 12oz glass.
If I have sensitive skin, is linen a good option?
Yes! Linen is intrinsically hypo-allergenic and anti-bacterial with a soothing hand. Linen is recommended for individuals with skin issues including psoriasis. In fact, linen fibers are often used to manufacture surgical thread.
Is the Mini meant to be an ultralight towel?
It is not. The aim when creating this towel was to provide a luxury-level experience using a densely woven linen material with a lovingly exfoliating cross-weave. That is what makes our towels so different than any other towel on the market to include microfiber, cotton-terry, bamboo and linen.
At Lava, we are currently exploring our textile options in order to meet the needs of the ultralight community.
Why 60 Day Happiness Guarantee?
We take pride in the softness of our linen from the very start. At the same time, linen is known to age remarkably well, becoming softer and softer over time. Therefore, we’d like to provide you with ample time to use your towels and wash them multiple times to begin to experience how the linen will age and perform over time.