Explore Our New Towel Sizes and Colors!
At Lava, we’ve refigured our towel sizes for 2020! We put together a convenient table to help you find the best towel for you. Check it out below!
What are the Main Differences for 2020?
- The New Mini is rectangular instead of square with a slightly wider hem.
- The New Classic has one loop instead of two.
- The Lava Luxe is a new product! It is an extra-large towel comparable to a bath sheet. It's ideal for the beach.
- The New Mini, Classic and Luxe come in two additional colors: Stokksnes Black and Rabida Red!
How do we size our towels?
When sizing our towels we aim to answer two questions:
- What towel sizes will offer adventurers the most versatility and functionality for a variety of activities and situations?
- How can we size our towels to fit our fabric width perfectly to assure zero fabric is wasted?
For our first round of towels, we knew we needed to provide a couple of options to meet the various demands. One was that we needed a towel comparable to a hand towel for the minimalists and light packers and a towel comparable to a bath towel for those who have space in their pack for a larger towel and prefer more coverage based on their activities.
Why did we modify our sizing?
Over time, through testing and by listening to you, our customers, we noticed the desire for a towel larger than the Lava Classic. We noticed that if we added a few inches to our Classic in both directions we could increase the usability and comfort for many.
Thus the Lava Luxe was born. You’ll notice in the table above, the Lava Luxe is three inches wider and seven inches longer then the Classic increasing the overall square inches by 21.
We chose to decrease the number of loops on our Classic towels from two to one because we noticed it was only on very rare occasions that both loops were useful.
How do we assure zero waste?
When designing the original Lava towels, we made sure to size the towels to use the full width of the fabric so none would go to waste. Because we resized the Classics for 2020, we needed to also resize our Minis to continue to guarantee zero wasted fabric. As a result, the new Mini is rectangular rather than square.
While we use the entire width of the fabric, sometimes there are a few inches of fabric left over at the end of the bolt. That is where our samples come from. We offer a free sample of each color to anyone interested in seeing the colors and feeling the material prior to choosing their perfect adventure towel. We also use this leftover material to patch and repair towels damaged by the most rugged of adventures through our lifetime repair program.